Saturday 24 December 2011

2minutes4roughing- I am Officially Depressed

The month of December brings joy for most of the world, but not to Habs fans.  Habs fans always experience severe depression during the time of December, when the Canadiens seem to always fall in a slump, and this year is no different.  This 5 game losing streak the Canadiens are on is simply disgusting.  I've never seen a team go out there and play like they don't are if they win or lose, with the exception of Carey Price, the only person I could clearly see who gives a damn about winning, he's the only player with passion.

Honestly if the Canadiens continue to do this badly, which I think they won't and sure hope they won't, then I would trade away just about everybody and receive draft picks.  I would keep Price, Subban, Eller, Emelin, Diaz, Gorges, Pacioretty, LeBlanc, and trade just about everyone else away for draft picks.  Maybe I forgot a name, but essentially I would trade the old and keep the young, and get younger.  That's only assuming that January is as bad though, and assuming that the Canadiens are well out of a playoff spot.

The game against Winninpeg was horrid.  It reminded me of Game 7 last year when Boston beat Vancouver for the Stanley Cup, both games were 4-0 defeats with no effort from the losing side.  It really seems like they don't even care for the most part, it seems like most players don't want to play.

And I doubt this has anything to do with new head coach Randy Cunneyworth.  He hasn't really had time for practice, and he's played 3 out of 4 games on the road, therefore it's hard to start implementing his system already.  With that being said, he's still responsible for the team and whether they win or lose, and if they continue to lose then he can kiss his job good bye at season's end.

Like many others, I live and breathe hockey which mainly consists of Montreal Canadiens hockey, and if they don't start to win, or don't start to make their losses exciting, then many of us will stay depressed for many months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment